Sunday, November 22, 2009

A SERIOUS PAIN IN THE NECK



Lisa Gasteen at home with Ziggy (yes, Ziggy); picture: Lyndon Mechielsen via the Australian

You may have missed it tucked away on page something-or-other in the Australian. It is the first time I've heard anything recent about Lisa Gasteen's career and it is hinting at, if not pointing to, the end of it. Pretty worrying, pretty sad, but she's being pretty sensible about it, as well you'd imagine if she's as grounded as her reputation has it.

She is 52, and admits; ""I have not practised for a long time now.."

"There is a plus side to it," she says. "I am having a very ordinary life and there is a lot to be said for that. I see my husband every day and I see my children every day, and I have never had that.


"Now that the dust has settled, it is not all bad."

There's a lot to be said but my heart really is a bit heavy. Later.



No comments: